There are many questions people have about casinos, hotels, and restaurants during COVID-19 — including safety precautions they should take and restrictions they should know about.
This article will cover the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19 as it relates to casinos, hotels, and restaurants in Colorado.
Are Hotels Safe During COVID?
Fortunately, hotels are one of the least-risky places you can go, for a number of reasons:
- Unlike public spaces, hotel rooms aren’t inhabited by large numbers of people at a time, making the risk of contamination relatively low.
- Intensive room cleaning and disinfecting procedures are taken after every guest checks out.
- As part of the cleaning process, bed sheets, blankets, and pillowcases are thoroughly washed and bleached.
- After thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting, rooms are additionally radiated with bacteria-killing UV light as an extensive safety measure to further disinfect rooms.
As a result of these factors, hotel rooms are generally very safe during COVID.
Are Restaurants Safe During COVID?
There are a number of safety protocols required in restaurants:
- All tables are spaced at least 6 feet apart, and they are thoroughly disinfected after every use.
- All employees are required to wear masks.
- Visitors are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- In the bar, only half of the seats are open at a time, increasing the distance between people.
These safety precautions help significantly reduce the risk of getting sick in restaurants, making them quite safe for most people.
Are Casinos Safe To Visit During COVID?
Since casinos tend to attract larger numbers of people some guests may feel potentially more susceptible, however, casinos are required to take extensive safety precautions to prevent the spread of COVID and to minimize the risk of contamination. These safety precautions include:
- Contactless temperature scans upon entry.
- Visitors and employees are required to wear masks at all times.
- Visitors are encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon entry, and a large number of hand sanitizing stations are easily accessible throughout the casino.
- Commonly touched areas are routinely disinfected many times per day.
- Table seats are limited, and players must maintain a 6-foot distance from nearby players.
- Routes have been established to minimize close crossing.
With all these safety procedures in place, the risk of COVID in the casino is dramatically reduced. For most people, casinos are quite safe.
Are Casino Slot Games Safe To Play During COVID?
All slot machines are routinely disinfected after every use by trained staff, making the risk of contamination extremely low.
Slot machines are also a solo game that doesn’t require you to interact with other people while using them, making them inherently less risky than table games.
The benefits of playing slot machines is that they are one of the safest games you can play in the casino during COVID due to the single-player nature, as well as the rigorous disinfection procedures after every use.
Are Casino Table Games Safe To Play During COVID?
Unlike slot machines, table games require personal interaction and multiple players, which makes them slightly riskier than slot machines, and therefore seats at table games are limited.
- Blackjack tables can only have a maximum of 3 players.
- Roulette can have a maximum of 4 players.
- Craps can have a maximum of 6 players.
- Poker tables are temporarily closed.
- Players are seated more than 6 feet apart from each other.
- After a player leaves the table, their seat and table areas are sanitized before another player can take their spot.
- Decks of cards, dice, chips, and other game objects are also regularly swapped out and sanitized to prevent any possibility of contamination.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Visitor Safety – Promoting Behaviors That Reduce The Spread of COVID
To reduce risk in hotels, restaurants, and casinos, there are a number of “best practices” we recommend you take to ensure your safety.
- Consider going to the casino outside of peak hours. This is generally in the morning from 6am – 12pm.
- Always wear a mask (if you forgot yours, don’t worry – we’ll provide you with one upon entry).
- Upon entry, disinfect your hands with hand sanitizer near the front door.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, and mouth to prevent transferring germs from your hands.
- Regularly wash and disinfect your hands throughout the day — especially before eating.
- Avoid crowded areas, and try to maintain at least 6 feet distance (roughly two arm’s length) between other people who are not in your party.
In summary, taking a trip to the casino, staying in hotels, or dining in restaurants are generally safe activities due to the stringent safety precautions that are taken. Additionally, by following the sanitary “best practices” outlined above, you can further reduce the risk and make it even safer.
However, no matter how many safety precautions you take, seniors and at-risk groups should be particularly careful.
If you fall into one of these groups, you should take as many safety precautions as possible and consider getting vaccinated if you intend on regularly visiting such public places.
Visit the Triple Crown Casinos in Cripple Creek
COVID doesn’t have to stop you from having fun!
If you’re looking to get out of the house and have an exciting getaway, the Triple Crown Casinos in Cripple Creek is an excellent choice if you enjoy gambling in Vegas-style casinos, dining in fine restaurants, and relaxing in luxurious hotel rooms.
The health of our visitors is extremely important to us. We take every precaution to keep you safe (including all of the rigorous sanitation practices mentioned above), so you can focus on having fun and winning — instead of worrying. So the next time you’re looking for a fun getaway, visit the Triple Crown Casinos in Cripple Creek for an unforgettable experience!
Shuttle Bus to Cripple Creek
The Triple Crown Casinos has a shuttle bus to Cripple Creek with pickup locations in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Woodland Park. The bus is thoroughly sanitized after every ride, making it hygienic for all passengers aboard. Masks are required on entry. Come by bus, or take a scenic road trip here yourself. A whole world of fun awaits you at the Triple Crown Casinos!
232 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2446
256 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-0303
264 Bennett Ave
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2104