Summer is here, and Cripple Creek is waiting to welcome you! This beautiful area of Colorado is worth visiting for so many reasons as the weather warms and the outdoors beckons. There are so many fun things to do in the Summer near Cripple Creek that you’ll want to extend your trip to take in everything we have to offer.
Local Scenery & Fun Summer Activities Nearby
Colorado has some of the most beautiful scenery and natural splendor in the United States and the world. The summer mountains call with whitewater rafting, rock climbing, hiking, and opportunities to take photos you will treasure forever.
There’s plenty to do for the less physically active, too. Here are some places you can go to enjoy great Colorado outdoors.
Colorado Springs is a place that attracts historians, sportspeople, and architects. Appreciate the clear skies and mountain air, and consider your options.
- Garden of the Gods: If your image of a park involves trimmed trees, set it to one side. Garden of the Gods Park has free admission (although you might want to spend some money at the cafe), guided nature walks, outdoor yoga, nighttime walks to see the bats, and so much more.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo: Named the #4 Zoo in the U.S., the best thing about Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is the numerous opportunities to get close to the animals. These include feeding giraffes, goats, and rhinos, or custom animal experiences you can book in advance. The zoo has an award-winning African exhibit with elephants, rhinos, lions, porcupines, and meerkats.
Explore Manitou Springs if you are into hiking, museums, and shopping. Manitou Springs is a wonderful mountain town with numerous art galleries that is well worth the drive. Here are a couple of top options:
- Manitou Springs Incline: This one is only for those who pride themselves on their fitness. It’s a staggering 2,744 steps to the top, but the amazing view makes it worth the climb. Right now, you have to book a reservation slot. Beware, though. It’s not for casual hikers. Olympians use it to train.
- Miramont Castle Museum: For the rest of us, there’s a wonderful local museum in the famous Miramont Castle. It’s not really a castle, more like a huge mansion built in 1895. Now owned by the Manitou Springs Historical Society, you can take a self-guided tour to see the vast collection of local art and vintage artifacts or book tea packages (Tuesday through Sunday). High tea sells out well in advance.
Also worth visiting, Woodland Park is near Manitou Park Lake, with even more hiking opportunities and unique attractions. Check out:
- Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center: This world-class museum highlights Cretaceous-era fossils found in the area. It also has a working fossil laboratory, not to mention a dinosaur gift shop. Admit it. You still like dinosaurs.
- Colorado Wolf Adventures: If you prefer your animals living and breathing, Colorado Wolf Adventures offers a unique opportunity to visit these majestic animals. You can book (well in advance) the opportunity of a lifetime to go for a one-hour walk with their wolves, with numerous photo opportunities.
Lastly, Cripple Creek is a quaint old-west mining town full of history and modern fun, including Vegas-style casinos.
- Triple Crown Casinos: Check out the best casinos in Colorado. Offering modern slot machines, live and electronic table games, and the only same-day match play in Cripple Creek.
- Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine Tour: This is America’s only vertical shaft gold mine tour. The tour includes an underground tram, mining equipment, and a free sample of gold ore. Don’t worry, though. There’s not a lot of walking involved.
Grab A Bite To Eat With the Best Local Restaurants
Colorado is a foodie’s paradise; these local restaurants will give you something you would never find at home.
- Urban Egg: If you’re heading out early, start your day at Urban Egg, open for breakfast and lunch only. It offers local ingredients and sells breakfast items ranging from French toast to gourmet sandwiches. And, of course, coffee. Check out the Colorado Blueberry Streusel.
- Uchenna: Ethiopian in Colorado? Yup! Uchenna is a vegan paradise. However, it also offers delicious organic meats for those looking for animal proteins.
- Mountain Shadows Restaurant: An excellent local diner with an all-day breakfast, tasty burgers, and sandwiches.
- The Keg Lounge: Fresh, locally sourced ingredients, cocktails in a jar, and local beer. This classic bar and grill offers all your favorites, but it is known for its burgers and grilled salmon.
- Savelli’s: We all want pizza every now and then, and Savelli’s offers traditional hand-tossed pizza as well as casual Italian dishes.
- Mona Lisa Fondue Restaurant: Splash out (or spend your winnings) on a four-course fondue experience in an 1890s gold rush hotel.
- Joanie’s Deli: Grab a quick breakfast or lunch and the “Best Sandwiches Above the Clouds.” Did we mention their amazing pies and tarts?
- Judge’s Char-Grill: Grab a 100% all-beef Angus hamburger and a Coke float at this American-fare classic, or sample local flavors like carne asada fries and churros.
- The Donut Mill: A favorite with locals and visitors alike, The Donut Mill doesn’t just sell donuts, but all kinds of breakfast and brunch items and, for that summer heat, Blue Bell ice cream.
- McGill’s Pint & Platter: The only Irish pub in Cripple Creek, offering classic pub fare and Guinness on tap.
- Dynamite Dick’s: A casual restaurant a few steps away from your favorite games with great breakfast and desserts.
- The Miner’s Pick: Offers everything from pizzas to snacks, a great choice when you don’t have time to sit down for a meal.
Visit Triple Crown Casinos for the Most Fun Things To Do In the Summer
Of course, your best option for summer fun in Cripple Creek is to visit Triple Crown Casinos. We offer the best slots in Cripple Creek and live-action blackjack, craps, and roulette.
Next to the live-action games are the newest electronic versions with a lower minimum bet.
Celebrate Summer with the Loosest Slots in Cripple Creek
We have chosen the best modern slot machines for your enjoyment. We offer modern machines such as Dollar Storm, the latest edition of the Lighting Link series, or the Wild Wild Nugget slot machine. We only choose slot machines that offer a good payout!
Test Your Luck and Win Big with These Summer Casino Games
Enjoy the best summer casino games. Learn to play (or improve) Texas Hold’em, Blackjack, Baccarat, or Three Card Poker. Our dealers will help you play and win. You can also learn to appreciate dice games.
Don’t Let the Summer Fun End! Enjoy These Amazing Hotels
You don’t want to have to leave early to make it back to your hotel or home. Instead, book a standard room, luxury room, or suite at McGills & Midnight Rose Hotel. Luxury suites have special amenities like a fireplace and jetted tub, and our standard rooms are clean and comfy if you plan on spending your time out and about.
Don’t Want to Drive? Take the Ramblin Express
Take the Ramblin Express from Colorado Springs, Woodland Park, or Pueblo and enjoy the ride and scenery. It’s much cheaper than renting a car, with the last departure at 1:45 am.
There are many great things to do in Cripple Creek and the surrounding area, but don’t forget Triple Crown Casinos. Our modern Vegas-style casinos offer great table games and the loosest slots in Colorado.
Visit Triple Crown Casinos for Fun Things to Do in the Summer
Visit Triple Crown Casinos in Cripple Creek for fun this summer. We have amazing games, dining & spirits for the adults, and a variety of fun summer activities nearby for the whole family. We can’t wait to see you soon.
|McGills Hotel and Casino|
232 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2446
|Midnight Rose Hotel & Casino|
256 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-0303
|The Brass Ass Casino|
264 Bennett Ave
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number:(719) 689-2104