The arrival of spring and warmer weather brings plenty of opportunities to have lots of fun, and St. Patrick’s Day is just the beginning. Now you can experience the Luck of the Irish all spring in Colorado. Have an unforgettable excursion filled with fun St. Patrick’s Day activities and something to do all season near Cripple Creek, where you can experience the Luck of the Irish all spring!
Scenic Drives & Local Attractions
With the end of Winter, many Coloradans are eager to get rid of their cabin fever and leave the house. One of the best ways to do that is to take a fun road trip on a scenic route and visit some local attractions. Colorado is one of the states most known for its magnificent natural attractions. You can go to countless places in the Rocky Mountains to have a fun outdoor excursion.
Add this stop on your way to Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, or Cripple Creek.
- Garden of the Gods is a natural red rock formation 10 minutes away from Manitou Springs that offers a beautiful scenic walk and many picturesque photo opportunities.
Just a stone’s throw outside of Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs is a tranquil mountain town with lots of fun outdoor attractions in the area.
- The Incline is a popular trail for hiking — almost a full mile of steep uphill terrain. Great for fitness enthusiasts or anyone looking to get a great workout!
- Pikes Peak is one of the highest summits in the Rocky Mountains, with a railway that takes you up the 14,000 ft summit.
- Cave of the Winds is a special cave located at the base of Pikes Peak with special attractions inside, including the “Terror-Dactyl” canyon swing, lantern tours, and zip lining, among other things.
Woodland Park, Divide, & Florissant
Clustered in the same area and less than a 15-minute drive away from each other, these scenic mountain towns are surrounded by beautiful outdoor attractions.
- Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center is a museum where you can see various impressive dinosaur fossils on display (including one of the world’s largest and most complete T-Rex skeletons).
- Rampart Reservoir is a massive, awe-inspiring lake surrounded by mountains. This reservoir supplies the drinking water for the entire city of Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center is a sanctuary for wolves that offers awe-inspiring guided tours where you can see and interact with these majestic animals close-up (while staying safe under the guidance of the caretakers).
- Florissant Fossil Beds are a national monument with fossilized redwood trees, prehistoric plants, and insects. Hiking and horseback riding are also available here.
- Gold Belt Scenic Byway is a special side road you can drive through for an unforgettable scenic adventure through Colorado’s former mining country.
- Mueller State Park is a massive, pristine park perfect for outdoor activities such as camping, biking, hiking, hunting, and more.
Hartsel is known as “The Heart of Colorado” because of its central location on the map and a few fun attractions nearby.
- Antero Reservoir is a large lake surrounded by a beautiful mountain view. It’s a popular destination for fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and picnicking.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides are offered in Hartsel, where you can experience a stunning view of the surrounding mountainous landscape from the air.
Just an hour from Colorado Springs, an hour and a half from Pueblo, or two hours from Denver, Cripple Creek is an old-west mining town famous for its historical attractions and modern Vegas-style casinos. Tourists come to Cripple Creek to experience the Luck of the Irish in this history-rich city and to win big in the casino. With an impressive selection of casinos, bars, restaurants, and hotels, Cripple Creek is where you go when you want to see historical sights, get lucky in the casino, and have an unforgettable weekend getaway.
- The Triple Crown Casinos are three modern Vegas-style casinos, each with its unique theme and a wide variety of games to choose from, as well as a luxury hotel and several gourmet restaurants inside.
- Cripple Creek Heritage Center is a museum that gives you a crash course into the rich history of Cripple Creek. A great first place to stop by on your way into town!
- Narrow Gauge Railroad takes a scenic trip through Cripple Creek in an old-style steam-powered train.
- Gold Mine Tours take you on a trip underground through the impressive gold mining tunnels of old.
- Cripple Creek District Museum holds various antique artifacts from the Gold Rush.
- Outlaws & Lawmen Jail Museum gives you a feel for the shadier part of the Old West, where lawmen held outlaws, bandits, and other ne’er-do-wells.
Best Places To Eat Along The Way
- Manitou Brewing Company is a brewpub with many unique craft beers, burgers, and more.
- Swirl is a hip, groovy bar with a colorfully-decorated interior, a selection of exotic wines, brews, cocktails, and some small plates.
- Cliff House Dining Room is an upscale restaurant part of a luxury hotel, offering sophisticated indoor and outdoor dining with a scenic view.
Woodland Park, Divide, & Florissant
- Hungry Bear Restaurant is in Woodland Park and serves breakfast all day! They also serve a large menu of American classics for lunch and dinner. You’ll be treated a meal that will keep you fueled for the other fun adventures in the area!
- Cafe Leo is a hip, modern cafe that opens bright and early at 6 AM.
- Swiss Chalet is a fancy European-style restaurant in a cozy log cabin. A great choice for date night!
- Grandmother’s Kitchen is an old-fashioned and unfussy family-owned eatery serving classic American breakfast & lunch options.
- Highline Cafe & Saloon offers many burgers, sandwiches, and Mexican food.
- Pint & Platter Pub is the only Irish pub in Cripple Creek. It’s also the only place in town that serves Guinness on tap — along with a large variety of specialty craft beers, authentic Irish food, and St. Patrick’s Day specials. Surrounded by authentic Irish artifacts, decor from wall to wall, and a beautiful carved wooden bar in the center, the Pint & Platter pub is like a little piece of Ireland in the heart of Cripple Creek. The Pint & Platter Pub is the only place in town that serves Guinness on tap, as well as a large selection of specialty craft beers and a variety of delicious classic Irish meals.
- Dynamite Dick’s has many breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, making it a great choice any time of day.
- The Miner’s Pick is the perfect place when you’re in a rush and want a delicious meal without a long wait. With an
“in-and-out” setup, you can grab a delicious pizza, calzone, or snack and return quickly.
Fun Activities Near Me
Win Big at the Irish Themed McGills Casino
Experience some luck of the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day (or any other day of the month) at the Irish-themed McGills Hotel and Casino in Cripple Creek. The casino has two floors, with every game you could ask for. Try your hand at the various video poker, slot, and progressive machines on the first floor, or go to the second floor for countless other games and a breathtaking scenic view!
The Best Slot Machines – Voted Loosest Slots in Town!
The McGills Casino has been twice voted the “loosest slots in Cripple Creek” by our satisfied customers. Try your hand at the “Wild Play” machines, where you can double, triple, or even quintuple your earnings. Or suppose you’re feeling extra lucky and thinking big. In that case, you might want to take a shot at the “Progressive” machines — where the jackpot keeps climbing higher and higher for every person that plays it… until a lucky player hits the winning combination and takes home a pot of gold!
Join the Triple Crown Casino’s Triple Rewards Club
With the new Triple Rewards Club from Triple Crown Casinos, play the loosest slots and exciting table games, enjoy wonderful restaurants, or stay in a luxurious hotel all in one stop and earn more with every bet. More free play, more offers, and more prize drawings. You’ll want to come back and enjoy what Cripple Creek and Triple Crown Casinos offer every season.
Best Places To Stay
Cripple Creek’s Luxury Suites
If you’re looking for the perfect home base to rest and recharge in between your adventures, the McGills, and Midnight Rose Hotel in Cripple Creek is your sanctuary. With uniquely-themed rooms, including special luxury Roman, Victorian, and Western rooms, you’ll tell your friends and family about your night in Cripple Creek for a long time! Each themed room has its own jetted hot tub, fireplace, big-screen TV, and a king-size memory foam mattress… so you can experience the Luck of the Irish and feel like royalty. Comfortable and affordable, our standard rooms are the perfect place to recharge after a long day of exploring.
Let Someone Else Do The Driving
Take the Ramblin Express to Cripple Creek
The Ramblin Express is a sophisticated shuttle bus with pickup locations in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Woodland Park. We’ll drive you to the fun and back again! Bring a friend or two and enjoy a scenic mountain trip aboard the Ramblin Express.
232 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2446
256 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-0303
264 Bennett Ave
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2104