With the arrival of Spring, warmer weather, and St. Patrick’s Day, March brings plenty of opportunities to have lots of fun. Now you can experience the Luck of the Irish all month long in Colorado.
So if you’re looking to have an unforgettable excursion filled with fun St. Patrick’s Day activities near Cripple Creek, this article will go over where you can experience the Luck of the Irish all over Colorado!
Scenic Drives & Local Attractions
With the end of Winter, many Coloradans are eager to get rid of their cabin fever and leave the house.
One of the best ways to do that is to take a fun road trip on a scenic route and visit some of the local attractions.
Colorado is one of the states most known for its magnificent natural attractions. There are countless places you can go to in the Rocky Mountains to have a fun outdoor excursion.
On your way to Manitou Springs, Woodland Park, or Cripple Creek add this stop to your itinerary.
- Garden of the Gods is a natural red rock formation 10 minutes away from Manitou Springs that offers a beautiful scenic walk and lots of picturesque photo opportunities.
Just a stone’s throw outside of Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs is a tranquil mountain town with lots of fun outdoor attractions in the area.
- The Incline is a popular trail for hiking — almost a full mile of steep uphill terrain. Great for fitness enthusiasts or anyone looking to get a great workout!
- Pikes Peak is one of the highest summits in the Rocky Mountains, with a railway that takes you up the 14,000 ft summit.
- Cave of the Winds is a special cave located at the base of Pikes Peak with special attractions inside, including the “Terror-Dactyl” canyon swing, lantern tours, and ziplining, among other things.
Woodland Park, Divide, & Florissant
Clustered in the same area and less than a 15-minute drive away from each other, these scenic mountain towns are surrounded by beautiful outdoor attractions.
- Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center is a museum where you can see a wide variety of impressive dinosaur fossils on display (including one of the world’s largest and most complete T-Rex skeletons). A favorite among kids!
- Rampart Reservoir is a massive, awe-inspiring lake surrounded by mountains. This reservoir supplies the drinking water for the entire city of Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center is a sanctuary for wolves that offers awe-inspiring guided tours, where you can see and interact with these majestic animals close-up (while staying safe under the guidance of the caretakers).
- Florissant Fossil Beds are a national monument where you can see fossilized redwood trees, prehistoric plants, and insects. Hiking and horseback riding is also available here.
- Gold Belt Scenic Byway is a special side road you can drive through for an unforgettable scenic adventure through Colorado’s former mining country.
- Mueller State Park is a massive, pristine park that’s perfect for outdoor activities such as camping, biking, hiking, hunting, and more.
Hartsel is known as “The Heart of Colorado” because of its central location on the map, and it has a couple of fun attractions nearby.
- Antero Reservoir is a large lake surrounded by a beautiful mountain view. It’s a popular destination for fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and picnicking.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides are offered in Hartsel, where you can experience a stunning view of the surrounding mountainous landscape from the air.
Just an hour from Colorado Springs, an hour and a half from Pueblo, or two hours from Denver, Cripple Creek is an old-west mining town that’s famous for its historical attractions and modern Vegas-style casinos.
Tourists come to Cripple Creek to experience the Luck of the Irish at this history-rich city and to win big in the casino.
With an impressive selection of casinos, bars, restaurants, and hotels, Cripple Creek is the place you go when you want to see historical sights, get lucky in the casino, and have an unforgettable weekend getaway.
- The Triple Crown Casinos are three modern Vegas-style casinos, each with its own unique theme and a wide variety of games to choose from, as well as a luxury hotel and several gourmet restaurants inside.
- Cripple Creek Heritage Center is a museum that gives you a crash course into the rich history of Cripple Creek. A great first place to stop by on your way into town!
- Narrow Gauge Railroad takes you on a scenic trip through Cripple Creek in an old-style steam-powered train.
- Gold Mine Tours take you on a trip underground through the impressive gold mining tunnels of old.
- Cripple Creek District Museum holds a wide variety of antique artifacts from the Gold Rush.
- Outlaws & Lawmen Jail Museum gives you a feel for the shadier part of the Old West, being the place where lawmen held outlaws, bandits, and other ne’er-do-wells.
Best Places To Eat Along The Way
- Manitou Brewing Company is a brewpub with a large variety of unique craft beers, burgers, and more.
- Swirl is a hip, groovy bar with a colorfully-decorated interior, a selection of exotic wines, brews, and cocktails, and some small plates.
- Cliff House Dining Room is an upscale restaurant that’s part of a luxury hotel, offering sophisticated indoor and outdoor dining with a scenic view.
Woodland Park, Divide, & Florissant
- Cafe Leo is a hip, modern cafe that opens bright and early at 6 AM.
- Swiss Chalet is a fancy European-style restaurant in a cozy log cabin. A great choice for date night!
- AJ’s Stone Oven Pizzas is a family-run pizzeria offering fire-baked, traditional Neapolitan pizza.
- Highline Cafe & Saloon is a restaurant offering a large variety of burgers, sandwiches, and Mexican food.
Pint & Platter Pub is the only Irish pub in Cripple Creek. It’s also the only place in town that serves Guinness on tap — along with a large variety of specialty craft beers, authentic Irish food, and St. Patrick’s Day specials. From the moment you enter the Pint & Platter Pub, you get the impression that you’ve stepped out of Colorado and straight into Ireland. Surrounded by authentic Irish artifacts and decor from wall-to-wall and with a beautiful carved wooden bar in the center, the Pint & Platter pub is like a little piece of Ireland right in the heart of Cripple Creek. The Pint & Platter Pub is the only place in town that serves Guinness on tap, as well as a large selection of specialty craft beers and a variety of delicious classic Irish meals. Additionally, On March 17, the Pint & Platter Pub will be offering a special St. Patrick’s Day-inspired dish and drink just for the day. So if you’ll be in Cripple Creek and you’re looking for the perfect place for food and refreshment on St. Patrick’s Day, come on in and experience the Luck of the Irish!
- Dynamite Dick’s is a restaurant with a large variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, making it a great choice any time of day.
- The Miner’s Pick is the perfect place when you’re in a rush and want a delicious meal without a long wait. With an “in-and-out” setup, you’ll be able to grab a delicious pizza, calzone, or snack and be back on your way in no time.
Fun Activities Near Me
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day All Month!
Going back over 1,000 years, St. Patrick’s Day is a day where the Luck of the Irish comes to life. Every year on March 17, countries around the world take part in the revelry. People gather to drink, dance, laugh, and have a jolly fun time.
So if you’re looking for fun things to do in March, having a special St. Patrick’s Day celebration is one of the most fun things you can do during the month!
Win Big At The Irish Themed McGills Casino
If you’re looking to experience some luck of the Irish on St. Patrick’s Day (or any other day of the month), the Irish-themed McGills Hotel and Casino in Cripple Creek is the place to be.
The casino has two floors, with every kind of game you could ask for. Try your hand at the various video poker, slot, and progressive machines on the first floor. Or go up to the second floor for countless other games and a breathtaking scenic view!
The Best Slot Machines – Voted Loosest Slots In Town Again!
The McGills Casino has been twice voted the “loosest slots in Cripple Creek” by our satisfied customers.
Try your hand at the “Wild Play” machines, where you can double, triple, or even quintuple your earnings.
Or if you’re feeling extra lucky and thinking big, you might want to take a shot at the “Progressive” machines — where the jackpot keeps climbing higher and higher for every person that plays it… until a lucky player hits the winning combination and takes home a pot of gold!
The Luckiest Games To Play
While slot machines can be a blast to play, if you’re looking to play the games with the highest chances of winning, you’ll want to try the table games. These are some of the games that will bring you the Luck of the Irish with the greatest odds of winning:
- Blackjack is the most popular table game in the casino, and for a good reason. It’s fun, strategic, and has some of the best chances of winning!
- Craps is a dice-based game where players place wagers on the outcome of a dice roll. It also has some of the best odds of almost any game in the casino, with the most common “pass line” bet having a near 50% chance of winning.
- Roulette is a simple luck-based game that even total beginners can easily learn to play. Place a bet on which number and/or color you think the ball will land on. Then the dealer spins the wheel, and if your prediction was correct, you win!
- Baccarat can seem intimidating at first, but it’s actually very simple and beginner-friendly. All you do is place your bet on the outcome of a card draw by betting on either the “banker,” the “player,” or a tie. Then the dealer takes care of the rest — dealing out the cards and revealing the outcome of the bet.
Best Places To Stay
Cripple Creeks Luxury Suites
If you’re looking for the perfect home base to rest and recharge in between your adventures, the McGills, and Midnight Rose Hotel in Cripple Creek is your sanctuary.
With a series of uniquely-themed rooms, including special luxury Roman, Victorian, and Western rooms, you’ll be telling your friends and family about your night in Cripple Creek for a long time to come!
Each themed room has its own jetted hot tub, fireplace, big-screen TV, and a king-size memory foam mattress… so you can experience the Luck of the Irish and feel like royalty.
Or, if you’re looking for a comfortable room for an affordable price, our standard rooms are the perfect place to recharge after a long day of exploring.
What or Who is Your Lucky Charm?
Enter the contest by posting your answer on Triple Crown Casinos Facebook page for a chance to win one of three awesome free play prizes!
Additionally, if you update your contact information (email, phone number, and address) at the front desk anytime before April 1, you’ll be automatically entered into a drawing where you’ll get a chance to win free play!
The Lucky Number Three – The Triple Play Club
If you want to maximize your winnings and experience the Luck of the Irish, sign up for our Triple Play Club. As a member, you’ll earn bonus points for free play, discounts on food and hotel rooms, special prizes, exclusive bonuses, and more!
*Some restrictions may apply. See Triple Crown Casinos for complete details.
Let Someone Else Do The Driving
Shuttle Bus to Cripple Creek
The Ramblin Express is a sophisticated shuttle bus with pickup locations in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Woodland Park. We’ll drive you to the fun and back again!
Bring a friend or two and enjoy a scenic trip through the mountains aboard the Ramblin Express. Buy tickets online at https://www.casinoshuttle.com/.
232 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2446
256 Bennett Ave,
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-0303
264 Bennett Ave
Cripple Creek, CO 80813
Phone Number: (719) 689-2104